Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dated with love.

I had thought I'd learned my lesson after FINALLY breaking free from that terrible, best forgotten, abusive relationship of mine that took away a year of my life. A pathetic, miserable year indeed. Upon getting back up on my feet, I met you. Or rather, you played our situations into your advantage and we wound up together. I also recall a time where you told someone that you knew what I had been through previously and wanted to "save me". So there I was, a very battered girl trying to get her life back on track and you walked effortlessly into it. And it was effortless to let you in. I was so in love with you. I didn't know that I could feel that way after such an incredibly short amount of time. It was impossible. But the first month spent together, was the happiest that I had ever been in years.

Because I stick around longer than I should to be with you.
Because I put up with you and your absurd ways.
Because I care for you like a child that's always in need of attention.
Because you drain my wallet and my gas tank.
Because my lungs collapse every time I visit you in Gilroy.
Because I put you before most of everything else in my life.
Even after you did what you did. Even after you tried to go back to her. Even with the criticism of my family and friends. Even when everyone told me I'd be stupid not to leave you. Even if for as long as I will be with you, I'll always feel like your second option.
Because I love you.

You left me in the same condition you found me.
But ten/eleven excruciating, grueling, wonderful months later, I still love you, as much as it hurts me to.

I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, Henry Hien Nguyen.

(But that doesn't mean I'm going to take shit from you any longer ya hear??) Let's be happy together now, promise?

Love,
Trinh Phan


No comments:

Post a Comment