Monday, February 28, 2011

Dear Dorothy

My mom brought up, out of the blue yesterday that Toyota was having some kind of sale that they were blasting all over the radio about 0% APR and 1500 cash back or what not. She told me I should really jump on the deal before it ends the next day (which is now today). She thinks my celica is a terrible car and will die at any given moment. Offended, I immediately jumped to my beloved car's defense but at the same time thinking, man. She really is starting to fall apart. The clutch is starting to slip from wear and tear (henry thinks it hasn't been replaced since birth lol!) and the power steering pump is busted, so she sounds like a tank every time I make turns. Other than that everything works perfectly fine. Well, the cruise control mysteriously stopped working recently but I considered that a luxury for having such an old car. After some serious thought, the idea of a brand new car definitely started to appeal to me. After all it would be seriously nice to have the option of going on long road trips and not worry about something breaking, a car that would save me a lot more gas, and would have less things to fix! I took up her offer and we went to the Toyota dealership the next day, just to check shit out.

Henry tagged along.

At the dealership we got HUSTLED. BIG TIME. Okay, well, my mother got hustled big time. This funny, charismatic car salesman showed us around, complimenting my mom about everything. Making her giggle like a teenage girl. LOL. Henry could not roll his eyes further back into his head at everything he said. He had her sold! He had her in the palm of his hand man. She was almost ready to sign papers for a corolla that would have ended up costing me 20k out the door, for a color I absolutely did not want, a model I did not want, nothing I even wanted! Finally, getting some alone time away from the crazy salesman, Henry started his rushed, speed-talking rant about why we should NOT drop that amount of money for this huge commitment that was made in the past 30 minutes of being there. My mom now loves him for being so smart and witty with such matters [; He explained that there are many options out there and just because they're having a sale, this is not the only place we can go to get a car, especially one that we don't even want.

Next door to Honda we go! Where I found the PERFECT car for me. We asked for a white Honda Fit, 2010 preferably a manual transmission (its like 800 dollars cheaper), a base model. HOLY HELL they had one! BRAND NEW. It's like she was made for me. 14k, out the door. Fucken hella cheaper, everything I ever wanted. It was a tad more expensive but this salesman was Vietnamese and momma hella talked him down with the price LOL, she's the best haggler/guilt tripper. "Please! My daughter is a student! I'm not paying for this car, I'm only co-signing it, she's the one paying for it! Look at her!" hahahhhahah I love her.

Anyways, I couldn't imagine life to possibly get any better. I'm just going to be extremely broke from now on with rent and car payments. :D I love my life. Now let's introduce you to Dorothy.







She looks hella small but SO SPACIOUS inside! and like, a bajillion cup holders. ALL the seats fold down into a flat space. I could TOTALLY have sleepovers in my car and shit. LOL. Not to mention I fuckin' love having a radio so I'm not so lonely in my car anymore.

Jane is up for sale. Once I fix the power steering problem, I'll clean her up and she'll be good to go. ): I'll miss her dearly, and it would be nice to see her go to some other loving owner.
Let me know if anyone's interested. I'm asking 2500. I love you baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment